Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
Dr. Daniela Graf
Dr. Daniela Graf is a German board-certified, cognitive behavioral therapy trained Consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist and psychotherapist at the Valens Clinic Dubai. She holds the title of Director of Child Mental Health.
Dr. Daniela was born and raised in Germany. She received her full education in Germany.
After graduating from Eberhard- Karls- University Tübingen in Germany in 2008, she received her post-graduate board certified Facharzt (specialist) degree in 2015 after completing her post-graduate training in Child- and Adolescent Psychiatry by running through various wards in leading high standard mental health care institutions from 2010-2015 (University Medical Centre Johann Wolfgang Goethe Frankfurt and Vitos Herborn GmbH Germany).
She has 13 years of professional experience in working with children and adolescents aged 0-19 years.
Dr. Graf, a renowned child psychiatrist, established her presence in Dubai in 2017. With a wealth of experience, she previously contributed to leading psychiatric clinics and neuroscience institutions in Dubai, like the German Neuroscience Center and the American Center for Psychiatry and Neurology in Dubai.
Child & Adolescent Consultant Psychiatrist
Dr. Daniela’s areas of specialty include but are not limited to:
- Attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Tourette syndrome
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Enuresis (bed wetting) & Soiling
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Behavioural (disruptive) disorders with social difficulties
- Relationship problems, family conflicts
- Specific learning difficulties, school refusal
- Stress related problems
- Self-harm and suicidal crisis
- Bereavement and grief
- Adjustment disorders (reactions to specific life events eg divorce, remarriage)
- Anger with an inappropriately expressed emotions
- Attachment disorders
Dr. Daniela offers a wide range of services:
- Psychiatric Assessment
- Psychotherapy (talk therapy)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Play therapy
- psychiatric medication if needed
- Parental Coaching, Education and Support
- Emotional regulation
- Anxiety management
- Systematic Desensitisation
- Family therapy